Happy New Year.
It’s been quite a while since I last waved my hands in the air to produce music, but tonight I recorded four theremin parts with varying degrees of success for “The Mandelbrot Set.”
We currently have three songs started as works-in-progress, with “Skullcrusher Mountain” being the most advanced in terms of completion. I’ve done basslines for all three, theremin parts for two of them and even dug out my mandolin for a little section, too.
In other news, the band I do sound for had a bit of a crisis of confidence in December – a somewhat underpopulated audience and a series of fluffed songs all contributed to a general feeling of concern that there were not enough rehearsals or too much emphasis was being placed on learning newer songs. However, we did a gig at Hogmanay which turned out to be a bit of a blinder, so that sorted those worries out. Nothing definite for the coming year, yet.